Do you really need an excuse to have some ice cream? well, President Ronald Reagan declared the third Sunday in July National Ice Cream Day, so, take advantage of this “holiday” and enjoy some yummy ice cream with friends and family!
Here are a few ice cream facts fun facts:
- The U.S. enjoys an average of 48 pints of ice cream per person, per year, more than any other country.
- It takes an average of 50 licks to finish off a cone with a single scoop of ice cream.
- The favorite ice cream flavor among Americans is Vanilla.
- 90% of the nation’s population consumes ice cream.
- Air is the most important ingredient in ice cream as it is needed to keep the ice cream soft.
- More ice cream is sold on Sunday than any other day of the week!